Is your yoga mat getting a little funky? Freshen it up with this easy DIY yoga mat spray.
Do you enjoy doing yoga? If so, what is your favorite type of yoga to practice? I’m a heated vinyasa kind of girl. I love doing yoga in a ridiculously warm room moving through a fast, powerful flow. There’s enough going on to keep me engaged and interested (I have the attention span of a toddler), yet it is still challenging mentally and physically.
After a long hiatus, I recently reintroduced regular vinyasa flows into my weekly routine. While it has worked wonders for my core strength and (lack of) flexibility, it has done a number on my yoga mat. Can I be real with you guys? My mat was pretty ripe. If you enjoy heated yoga too, I’m sure you can relate.
To freshen things up a bit, I mixed up my own yoga mat spray. It’s simple, natural and has a bright citrusy scent. Nothing says “clean” like citrus right? The perfect scent for cleaning up our funky mats 😉
Check out my video showing you how to make DIY Yoga Mat Spray
To use just spritz some spray on your mat, wipe off with a damp towel and let it dry. If citrus isn’t your jam, feel free to mix it up with the essential oils of your choice. Let me know what fun blends you come up with!
- 2 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- ~1 oz. Filtered Water
- ~1 oz Witch Hazel (alcohol free)
- Tea Tree Oil
- Scented Essential Oils of Choice - I used grapefruit and sweet orange oil
- Fill the spray bottle with half filtered water, and half witch hazel.
- Add 3 drops of tea tree oil, and 10 drops of grapefruit and sweet orange essential oil each.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the bottle, and shake to mix.
- To use, generously spritz spray on yoga mat. Wipe with a damp cloth, and allow to dry. Store spray in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Do you practice yoga?
- What are some of your favorite scents?
Join the Challenge
A 7-day challenge to inspire you to build confidence and strength by releasing comparison and cultivating a positive relationship with fitness.