These healthy turkey burgers are the perfect protein for your meal prep! They are flavorful, easy to make and are a total crowd-pleaser.
Summer is officially in full-swing, and that means it’s time to fire up your grill! Errr…or your grill pan if you’re terrified of fire like I am. Moving on…
There is just something about grilled food that makes it so much better. The charred lines, the smoky flavor, and the fact that grilling is synonymous with summer (my favorite time of year) totally do it for me.
A few weeks back, I made these burgers by throwing together some ingredients I had in the fridge, and have been obsessed ever since. They’re flavorful, light, and taste amazing alongside some crispy sweet potato fries.
These burgers also helped introduce me to my other latest obsession: butter lettuce. I’m not sure what rock I’ve been hiding under, but I recently had butter lettuce for the first time (when I originally made these burgers) and it is absolutely amazing. So when organicgirl offered to send me some of their true hearts butter leaves, I knew I would love their lettuce with my burger.
The organicgirl true hearts butter leaves bring you the best part of the butter lettuce – the tender inner heart leaves. If you usually can’t get into greens because they taste a little to um…green…then you have to check out these organicgirl blends. They’re crunchy, tender, and mild without tasting too earthy (I’m looking at you kale). Don’t get me wrong, I love kale. But sometimes you want some greens that are a little more chill. If you would like to try organicgirl true hearts blends, snag a buy one get one free coupon here.
These turkey burgers have been a staple in my meal prep routine over the past few weeks. They’re amazing served with fresh watermelon, with your favorite buns, or enjoyed on top of a bed of organicgirl true hearts butter leaves (my favorite way to have them). You can enjoy them any way you like – but the sweet potato fries aren’t optional 😉
Healthy Turkey Burgers
- For the Burgers:
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- ½ Cup Egg Whites (or 1 Whole Egg)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- ½ Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- For Serving:
- Organicgirl True Hearts Butter Leaves
- Your Favorite Burger Toppings
- Preheat your grill, or heat a grill pan to medium heat. Spray grill pan with avocado oil spray if needed.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the burger ingredients until well combined.
- Create four equal-sized patties out of the mixture, and place on the grill. Cook for ~6-7 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite burger toppings, or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- What are some of your favorite summer grilling staples?
- Have you tried butter lettuce?
Disclaimer: organicgirl sent me complimentary true hearts butter lettuce greens to try. All opinions are my own.