I’ve gone back and forth on the idea of doing a life lately post. One part of me thinks “who cares?” and people only want recipes, workouts, and content with a tangible takeaway. The other part of me is nosy AF and loves reading about what other bloggers and influencers are up to. This summer has been a whirlwind for me, so I figured now was as good a time as any to share a more personal update.
I am in total disbelief that it’s already August. I have a love/hate relationship with this month every year. It’s my birthday month which is always fun. But I’m also a summer lover and get super sad when summer winds down every year. Fall, you can take your sweet time. I’ll take fresh produce and sunshine over pumpkin spice any day of the week (sorry, not sorry). Here’s what I’ve been up to lately.
1. On a personal fitness front, I have hit such a good groove this year and have really started to see and feel the results of it this summer. After a long journey exploring my personal relationship with fitness, I’ve learned that I feel my best when I focus on shorter, high-intensity strength training. Now that I’m in my late 20’s (getting even closer to 30 at the end of this month…yikes…) I feel like my body has reached a set point where I feel really comfortable and I know what does and doesn’t feel good. It’s so liberating.
2. For like four years I didn’t watch ANY TV. I would only turn it on for background noise. Somehow over the last few months, I’ve gotten hooked on a few shows that I’ve been loving. Favorites include Insecure, Famous in Love (don’t judge), This Is Us (so ready for season two!) and Being Mary Jane. Although TV is “unproductive” (which is why I didn’t watch any for so long), it does feel good to kick back and be entertained a few times a week. #selfcare
3. I got to go on New Day Northwest again! New Day Northwest is Seattle’s morning talk show that covers a variety of topics about northwest living. I’ve been on the show a few times over the past year and recently went on again to talk about staying cool and hydrated in the summer heat. Check out the segment here!
4. Speaking of appearances, I was also a guest on the Studio 78 Podcast by Nache Snow. We had SUCH a good time chatting about wellness, confidence, business, being a woman, and everything in between. Make sure you give it a listen if you haven’t already. You can find the episode and show notes here or on iTunes and Stitcher.
5. Part of me feels like I should have titled this post, “New life, who dis?” Over the past few weeks, I’ve had a lot of things happen that have caused my life to change really quickly. I landed what essentially feels like my dream job and will be starting it in a few weeks. As a result of my new job, content on the blog will be changing a bit. I’ll be working for a major health brand, and won’t be able to continue some of the sponsored food brand content I posted in the past. That means this space will start to focus less on recipes (which I was already beginning to do) and will focus more on fitness and lifestyle content to prevent any conflicts of interest. If I can be honest, I’m excited about this change. Fitness and lifestyle content is more challenging for me to create, but the writing’s on the wall and it’s clear you guys like that type of content more. So I’ll be bringing more of it to you!
6. In addition to starting my new job, I’ll be moving back to the city! A few years ago I moved back home with my family to save money when I was feeling uncertain about where I wanted to go in my career. I love my family and have loved my time back home, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to get my grown woman on again. I’ll be moving back to the city with some amazing roommates and I am so stoked.
7. I plan on writing a post about this topic in more depth soon, but I’m to share that I have decided to become a Beautycounter consultant! I’ve loved their products for years and finally decided to dive in to share how much I love their products. I also get tons of questions about what I do to take care of my skin, so being a consultant will give me another platform to talk more about skin care as well because I am a major beauty junkie. I’m excited to talk more about clean beauty with you all 🙂 If you’re interested in Beautycounter, check out my site here.
8. This is long overdue, but the Summer SLAY was incredible and completely exceeded my expectations. An amazing group of women participated and we all felt so encouraged and uplifted by one another. If you participated in the Summer SLAY I want to thank you SO MUCH for making it such a success. I’m already starting to dream up my next fitness venture, and can’t wait for you guys to see it!
9. I’m super excited to be going on a girl’s trip to Palm Springs next month, and am starting to plan outfits for my time there. I’m in desperate need of swimsuits, so if you have any recommendations on places to get cute affordable swimsuits let me know! Speaking of girls trips – if you haven’t seen the movie “Girls Trip” yet, get on it ASAP. It’s hilarious and I’ve already seen it twice.
10. VIDEO. As I mentioned above, the nature of the content I’m sharing is evolving, and a big part of that is going to be with video. I do really enjoy making videos and being on camera, so I plan to share more content with me actually talking to you guys so you can see my weirdness. Last week I shared a “What I Eat in a Day” video on my YouTube channel, so if you want to see how weird I am, make sure you check it out!
Alright, guys that is all of the things happening in my life and what I’ve been up to this summer. Let me know what you think of these updates! Maybe I can make them a regular thang 😉