These gluten free peanut butter and jelly cookies are made with just six ingredients! They are flourless, naturally sweetened and come together in one bowl using ingredients you already have on hand.
PB&J…the classic combination. I know PB&J isn’t the first thing you think of when it comes to Valentine’s Day treats, but today I just might change your mind.
When brainstorming Valentine’s Day recipe ideas, I originally planned to go the traditional chocolate-covered-chocolately-fudge route. Then I remembered: my boyfriend hates chocolate. Since he is my actual Valentine, it finally occurred to me that maybe I should make something he would actually like. I know, girlfriend of the year over here.
Do PB&J cookies seem more Valentine-y if I put them in the shape of a heart? Please humor me here.
I know what you’re thinking, what kind of crazy person doesn’t like chocolate? E doesn’t, that’s who. When we first started dating, I was really skeptical of him not liking chocolate and was tempted to force feed it to him until he liked it (joking…kind of).
On the flip side, the man loves his PB&J. His love for PB&J was the main source of inspiration for today’s recipe.
Before we dive into cooking making, my best blogging buddies have some more AMAZING shareable V-Day treats. Whether you’re celebrating with your significant others, gal pals, your mom, or your dog…you’re going to want to make all of these amazing recipes 🙂
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies by The Almond Eater
These Fudgy Black Bean Brownies are flourless, chocolate-y and a healthy way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries by rachLmansfield
Gluten Free Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries, the perfect indulgent yet healthy treat.
Mini Guava Cheesecake Cups by The Blissful Balance
Light and creamy cheesecake atop a crunchy graham cracker crust topped with sweet, guava jam for a bite full of flavor.
Neopolitan Coconut Butter Cups by Fit Mitten Kitchen
A layered mix of coconut butter in the classic ice cream flavor, these Vegan Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups are a healthier way to indulge for Valentine’s Day.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles by In it 4 the Long Run
Celebrate Valentine’s Day right with these scrumptious vegan chocolate truffles that will melt in your mouth.
How amazing do all of those recipes look? I know, you want to eat them all right now.
Going back to the topic of PB&J Cookies, these babies could not be easier to make. They only require a handful of ingredients that I bet you already have on hand, one bowl and are ready in under 30 minutes. To show you how easy they are, I made you a video!
So whip up these delicious treats and share them with the ones you love. You’ll be glad you did.
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- ¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Jelly or Jam of choice. I used raspberry.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter, egg, coconut sugar, baking soda and vanilla. Stir until well combined and a sticky dough forms. Place bowl in the fridge to firm up for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the dough has firmed up, take ~2 Tablespoons of dough at a time and roll into balls. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Make a small indent with your thumb in each ball of cookie dough, then fill with jam. I used ~1/4 Teaspoon of jam per cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before digging in!
- What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day treats?
- Do you have any Valentine or Galentine’s Day plans?