These dairy-free mint chocolate chip pops are creamy, vegan and paleo-friendly, and are made with super healthy ingredients. They’re easy to make, and are the perfect summer treat!
This post is sponsored by Natural Delights Medjool Dates. All opinions are my own, and I only work with companies I know and trust. Thank you for supporting brands that keep The Balanced Berry up and running. <3
Does summer sunshine make anyone else’s heart skip a beat? Every year when June rolls around, I seriously feel like I come alive. The warmer temperatures, longer days, and fresh produce practically make me jump out of bed each morning.
My love for all things summer can be added to a long list of reasons why I’m the worst Seattleite around. I LOVE uncomfortably warm temperatures, am not particularly outdoorsy (don’t ask me what the best PNW hikes are – I know none), and get super annoyed when the doom and gloom of fall arrives. Give me summer forever.
Or at least for the next few months.
Another thing I love about summer is eating cold summer treats. Ice cream, frozen yogurt, popsicles…you name it, I love it. Over the past few years I have been very into making my own dairy-free summer treats. These Dairy-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Pops are the latest creation and may be my favorite.
You guys, the ingredient list for these is insane and in a good way. They get their creamy texture from a combination of coconut milk and avocado, the green color comes from matcha powder (and you guys know how much I love matcha), and their light sweetness comes from Natural Delights Medjool Dates.
Medjool Dates sweeten these pops perfectly, without needing any refined sugar. Medjool Dates are a great source of potassium and fiber, packing a nutritional punch you won’t get from store-bought ice cream bars. Trust me guys – you want to whip some of these up ASAP.
Dairy-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Pops
- 1 Can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk (Liquid and Cream)
- 2 Small Avocados or 1 Large Avocado
- ½ Cup Pitted Medjool Dates, Chopped and Tightly Packed (~12 Dates)
- 1 Teaspoon Matcha Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Mint Extract
- ⅓ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate
- In a high-speed blender or food processor (I used a Nutribullet), combine the coconut milk, avocado, Medjool Dates, matcha powder, and mint extract. Blend for a few minutes until all ingredients are broken down, and the mixture is smooth.
- When the dates are broken down and the mixture is smooth, stop the blender and stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to popsicle molds, and freeze for 4+ hours, or until solid.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Balanced Berry, and allowing me to keep this blog up and running!