Now that Fall is upon us, comfort food is where it’s at. These simple Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash are a lighter take on classic spaghetti and meatballs.
While I have expressed my sadness about summer being over, I have to admit, the comfort food that comes along with the cooler months is pretty incredible. On a chilly night, there is really nothing better than a delicious, comforting meal that is the food equivalent of a hug. This is totally one of those meals.
There are a few ingredients in this meal that I really prefer eating organic. Whenever I can, I go for organic meat, dairy and leafy greens because conventional versions of these foods often have additives and exposure to man-made chemicals that I try to avoid. However, I’m still balling on a budget and I know many of you can relate. Even with the best intentions of eating organic as often as possible, eating organic food hasn’t always been easily accessible or affordable. Thankfully, neighborhood grocery stores are expanding their selections, and organic products are becoming more affordable and easily accessible. Can I get an amen?
A brand I have grown to like and trust over the years is O Organics®. If you live in the Seattle area, you can find O Organics® products at Albertsons and Safeway. O Organics® features more than 300 items for every occasion throughout the grocery store—from fresh fruits and vegetables, to wholesome dairy and meats, snacks and more.
Because O Organics® are easily accessible and affordable, it’s easy to add organic items into everyday meals without having to shop at various stores every week to find high-quality foods. This year, O Organics® is adding over 100 new items, which will make it even easier to switch to using organic foods in your favorite recipes – like this one 🙂
So get your comfort food on with this simple, satisfying dish that you can feel good about making.
- 1 lb O O Organics® Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Almond Meal
- 1 O Organics® Egg
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- ¼ Cup Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Cup O Organics® Spinach, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons O Organics® Shredded Parmesan
- 2 Pieces of O Organics® String Cheese, Chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, cooked, cooled and “noodles” removed from squash
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all meatball ingredients except the string cheese pieces in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use your hands to roll small golf-ball sized balls out of the mixture. Place a piece of the cut string cheese in the middle of each ball, and form the meatball mixture around the cheese.
- Place the balls on a lined baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray. Bake the meatballs for about ~12 minutes, or until they are cooked through, flipping halfway.
- Before serving, place the cooked meatballs in a skillet with your favorite marinara. Bring the marinara to a simmer, and serve over cooked spaghetti squash.
- What are your favorite Fall comfort foods?
- Do you incorporate organic foods into your diet?