This sweet and savory roasted delicata squash makes the perfect comforting side dish! The maple-tahini sauce adds a subtle sweetness that takes it over the top.
It has been an insane amount of time since I’ve posted a recipe on this blog. Really it has been an insane amount of time since I’ve really consistently posted to this blog in general. Over the past three years, this space and brand have taken on some different forms and I’m still in the process of figuring out exactly what I want it to be and what purpose I want it to serve.
When I first started blogging, I was all about being a food blogger. Cooking has always been one of my favorite things to do – add a DSLR to the mix, and you have an instant food blogger! Right? Well not exactly.
After almost two years of posting consistent recipes and food shots to social media, my ego became really disenchanted with the whole food blogger thing. I never felt like I hit a stride. Audience growth didn’t quite happen, and my platforms didn’t really go anywhere. My ego took a huge hit as I put out what I felt was good content, as often as consistently as I could, yet fell behind as the blogging space became more saturated.
So I stopped. Stopped posting recipes and stopped posting consistently. I told myself it didn’t matter. That “no one reads it anyway” and that I wouldn’t be missed in the space. But the thing is, even if the space/internet/blogosphere didn’t really miss me, I missed it. I missed styling photos and being creative. I missed writing and sharing my personal anecdotes, albeit to what felt like an empty room. Before I cared so much about how many people were watching or how much money I could potentially make (but never did), I actually enjoyed sharing for the sake of sharing.
So for today, I’m sharing a recipe in an actual thought out, planned post. Because this delicata squash is damn good. Because I had fun taking the photos and making them look pretty. And because I just kinda really wanted to.
Sweet and Savory Delicata Squash with Maple Tahini Sauce
This sweet and savory roasted delicata squash makes the perfect comforting side dish! The maple tahini sauce adds a subtle sweetness that takes it over the top.
- Delicata Squash:
- 2 Delicata Squash, washed, seeds scooped out and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee, melted (or Coconut Oil, or Avocado Oil)
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- Maple Tahini Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Water to thin (I used 2-3 Tablespoons, added one at a time)
- Preheat oven to 425F, and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet and toss with melted ghee, salt and cinnamon until coated.
- Spread in an even layer and sprinkle with rosemary. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the squash is baking, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Add a tablespoon of water at a time as needed so the sauce is pourable.
- Remove the squash from the oven and drizzle with sauce. Serve immediately.
- Fellow bloggers: how has your content evolved?
- Squash lovers: you have to give this a try!
READY TO FEEL AMAZING?
Sign up to get my free meal prep guide to turn you into a healthy eating rockstar.